Welcome! The Faculty Resource Library was built to help support your teaching and optimize student learning. Click on the topics below to view more detailed content about teaching.
Magna Campus delivers quick video recordings on a variety of teaching topics from highly respected instructors. Login to Canvas to access the UF Magna Campus application and explore the 20-Minute Mentors and Magna Commons Online Seminars to find teaching strategies and solutions to common classroom challenges.
Get inspired by members of the UF community! Learn useful tips and strategies for creating a quality learning experience.
Explore featured publications written by UF faculty that demonstrate outstanding instructional practices and contribute to student success.
Below is a list of archived videos, presentations, and notes from previous workshops and events. To view upcoming events and workshops, head to the Events and Workshops page.
- Fusing Research and Learning with Keynote Courtney O'Connell (1:06:26)
Peer Review of Teaching
- Dr. Daniel Bernstein: Peer Review of Teaching: Recognizing Serious Intellectual Work
- Dr. Daniel Bernstein PowerPoint
- Workshop Notes
2009 Teaching Excellence Workshop
- Active Learning Initiative with Jennifer Smith (pdf.)
- Divergent Thinking with Elif Akcali (pdf.)
- Difficult Conversations with Kevin Baron (pdf.)
- Ensuring Academic Integrity with Staci Graff (pdf.)
- Game Theory in the Classroom with Chris Mortensen (pdf.)
- Rage Against the Machine Using technology to maximize classroom engagement (pdf.) with Sarah Bleakney | Session Notes
- Strategies for a Start to a Great Semester Ideas shared by Faculty (pdf.)
- Supporting High Achievers with Melissa Johnson (pdf.)
- Tips and Tricks for Video Presentations with Dave Carlson
- Visual Communication with Kay Tappan (doc.)
- ePortfolio Session Notes With Sharon Bradley (pdf.)
- Online Discussions Session Handout with Heather Maness (ppt.)
- Teaching Science Online Session Handout with John Long (pdf.)
- Videotaping Online Classes with James Babanikos (pdf.)
- Arts in Medicine and Online Teaching Techniques with Jenny Lee (pdf.) Session Notes
Peer and Self Review
- Peer Review of Teaching Session Notes with Daniel Bernstein (doc.)
- Self Review Strategies Session Notes with Justin Deleo and Julie Thomad (pdf.)
- Innovations in Assessment with Dr. Tawnya Means (pdf.)
- Mindfulness vs Multitasking with Carole Beal
- Rage Against the Machine (pdf.) with Sarah Bleakney | Session Notes
- Using technology to maximize classroom engagement
- Responding to Academic Misconduct with Ashleigh Wade (pdf.)
- The Surprising Classroom Notes: Student Panel Discussion on the Most memorable Class Experiences Student Panel (pdf.)
- Undergraduate Learning Assistants with Christine Davis and Alice Harmon (pdf.)
- Universal Design of Instruction with Consuelo Kreider (pdf.)
Visual and Videos