This purchasing program is a partnership between UF Bookstores (Follett), UF Business Services and textbook publishers. Since the program began in 2013, it has saved UF students $13 million in comparison with new print costs. Students refer to the program as “opt-in” because they must choose to participate in the program. Students have access to digital materials (including homework tools and other courseware) on the first day of class.
How do I participate?
- Contact Curtis Piorun, or your publishing representative, to see if the course materials you wish to use are eligible for participation.
- Enable access to the eText or homework tool within Canvas (IMPORTANT!)
- Directions for enabling BryteWave (VitalSource) eReader in your Canvas course site.
- If you are using a Pearson product, Kara Struebing will assist with set up.
- This step is critical because, without it, students will not have easy access to the material at the start of classes.
- Provide the access information in your syllabus and start-of-classes announcements.