Your work as a TA in the classroom is a critical element for student success. The Great Teaching Certificate: TA Edition is a time-efficient way to learn good teaching practices to support your students! Read below to find out how to earn your certificate. To view the 2019-2020 Teaching Assistant Handbook, click on the book located to the right.
Register for the Great Teaching Certificate: TA Edition!
Earn your certificate by completing a 1000 mile journey:
- Core Activities | 600 miles total
These activities are required to earn your certificate
- Orientation | 200 miles
- Part I: 8:30-12:30 8/13 @ Carlton Auditorium
- Part II: Canvas (complete before classes start)
- TA Principles & Strategies (TAPS) | 400 miles
- What is a Great Teaching Assistant?
- Anatomy of a Great Course
- Good Teaching Practices
- Assessment & Grading
- Managing Your Time
Choose any activities listed below to complete your remaining miles.
- Be a Great Online or Hybrid TA | 200 miles
- MagnaCampus Online Seminars (located in Canvas) | 20 miles each
- Teaching Beyond the Podium Activities (located in Canvas) | 10 miles each
- Synchronous F2F or Online Workshops | 100 miles each
- Interface Conference | 250 miles