The Center for Teaching Excellence offers the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA) workshop series during the fall and spring semesters. This series is designed for faculty in their first years of teaching at UF. Learn how to create a great learning experience for your students while saving time and frustration; we invite you to adapt and use the strategies that are right for you. Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive the FYFTA passport category badge and earn 500 miles towards the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate within the Passport to Great Teaching Program. They also receive a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
Expected Time Commitment
Participants should expect to commit approximately 15 hours to complete the FYFTA program. Space is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Spring 2020 | Registration Closed
- March 11-April 15
- All sessions are online from 3:30pm-5:00pm on Wednesdays
Summer 2020 | Register
- June 23-25 (applications due June 16th)
- All sessions are online from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- All sessions are online from 9:00am-12:00pm
Passport to Great Teaching Requirements
In order to earn all 500 miles and the FYFTA category badge, you must:
- Complete all preparation activities prior to the workshop sessions (30 - 60 minutes per session)
- Attend both 1/2 day session
- Complete all reflections