What is it?
This purchasing program is a partnership between UF Bookstores (Follett), UF Business Services and textbook publishers. Since the program began in 2013, it has saved UF students approximately $13 million in comparison with new print costs. Students refer to the program as “opt-in” because they must choose to participate in the program.
- Students have access to digital materials (including homework tools and other courseware) on the first day of class.
- Optional print-on-demand textbooks are available at discounted pricing through the bookstore.
- The printed text can also be mailed to distance students.
- Many eText options can be accessed through Canvas (see the Bookshelf link in the menu to the left in Canvas).
- Students can take notes, search, and highlight in their eTextbook.
- At the end of drop/add the student’s bursar account is directly billed for the cost of the materials (when a student chooses to “opt-in”).
- Students who drop the course within the drop/add period are not billed.
- These materials are eligible for financial aid.
How do I participate?
Contact Karisa Sieger (352-392-0194 ext.109) or your publishing representative to see if the course materials you wish to use are eligible for participation.