What is it?
Pressbooks is an online book/document formatting system that you can use to create materials that are accessible on all platforms: in print and digital, including all smartphones, tablets, e-reader devices, and computers.
Pressbooks can help you produce professional, platform-agnostic course materials in multiple formats: PDF (print and digital) | WEB | EPUB | MOBI | ODT| XML | WXR| XHTML.
Pressbooks is available to UF Faculty, staff and students at no cost through UF’s Unizin membership. Pressbooks can be handy for:
- Housing content outside of Canvas for students to access any time, any where.
- Linking to specific chapters in a PressBooks text.
- Importing pieces of OER works created with PressBooks to incorporate with your own content.
- UF Instructor Guide
- For Students By Students: Guide for UF Freshmen (Example of what students can do with Pressbooks)
- Teaching in a Digital Age
How do I participate?
The Center for Instructional Technology and Training is available to assist with creating PressBooks content. They can help to set up your PressBooks site so that it looks professional and accessible.