What is it?
Courses using required material costing $20 or less per-credit-hour may receive the Affordable UF badge. This allows students to easily identify courses that facilitate access to low- or no-cost course materials.
- Apply for the Affordable UF Badge through the UF Textbook Adoption Form.
- Students will see the badge in the required course textbook page.
- You will also receive a digital copy of the badge to include on your syllabus, Canvas course site or anywhere you like.
Does this include lab materials?
- Yes. Any materials that students must purchase for your course are included.
- Details and resources are available on the Affordable UF Libguide.
How do I participate?
When you submit your textbook adoption through the UF Textbook Adoption website , choose the Affordable UF option. You will be asked: In addition to any publisher content, are you using any of the following (select all that apply):
- Open Educational Resources
- UF Libraries Course Reserves
- Instructor Created Content
You will also be asked to certify that all of the materials required for purchase will be used in the course assignments and activities. This is important! If students don’t actually use the required materials in course activities and assignments, the Affordable UF Badge is not appropriate for your course.
Can I get help to make my course more affordable?
Yes! Your UF Subject Specialist Librarian is ready to help you locate lower cost materials.
Contact Micah Jenkins.