Courses using materials costing $20 or less per credit hour (including lab materials and course fees) are eligible to receive the Affordable UF Badge. The badge allows students to easily identify courses with low- or no-cost materials.
How to Participate
- Submit your textbook adoption at the UF Textbook Adoption website. To be eligible for the badge, your submission must be made before the textbook adoption deadline.
- If your adoption meets the $20 per credit hour threshold, select the “Affordable UF” option at the end of the textbook adoption form.
- You will be asked to identify if you are using Open Educational Resources, UF Libraries Course Reserves, or instructor created content; select all that apply.
- Certify that all materials marked as “required” will be used in course assignments and activities.This step is important.
If your course is eligible to receive the Affordable UF badge, you will be sent a digital copy of the designation. Your badge can be displayed in many places, including:
- your syllabus
- your Canvas site
- your email signature line
- digital resumes/ CVs
- social media
- your website
Students will also see the badge in the course textbook requirements when registering.
The deadline for Fall 2020 adoptions is July 10, 2020.
If you want to make your course more affordable, but aren’t sure where to start, here are some resources:
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- UF Libraries Course Reserves
- Instructor Created Content
- Your Subject Specialist Librarian
- “Creating an Affordable Course” Podcast
- Affordability Consultations
Expand the accordions to filter approved affordable courses by college and department.