Accessibility in higher education implies the creation of a barrier-free learning environment in order to ensure that all students are able to experience all aspects of their educational experience and focus on the main objective: learning.
Check For Accessibility
Run an accessibility check on all your course materials including videos, PDF documents, and textbook. Doing this front-end work before the semester begins can help your semester run more smoothly.
Many students are aware of how they learn best, providing a welcoming opportunity for students to talk with you about their needs can save time and frustration for you and your students.
- Accessibility (University of Florida): UF Accessibility
- Quick Guide (Faculty Development and Teaching Excellence): Quick Guide to Digital Accessibility (pdf)
- John Jordi, Learning & Organizational Specialist, FDTE (University of Florida): Video Accessibility (pdf)
- WebAIM: Web Accessibility in Mind
- UF HR Training: The Law & Your Responsibility in Accommodating Students with Disabilities (UF_GET807_OLT)
- To register just Sign on to my.ufl.edu, then navigate to My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining and search for UF_GET807_OLT by using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type UF_GET807_OLT and then click Search.