The University of Florida Quality Assurance Committee has developed guidelines for ensuring we offer quality online learning experiences to students. In 2018, the UF Standards and Markers of Excellence underwent a major transformation to become the UF + Quality Matters (UF+QM) rubric. These standards are regularly updated to reflect changes and improvements in online education. These guidelines provide a framework for development, self-review and peer review of online courses.
It is recommended that you refer to the UF+Quality Matters standards as a guide when building an online course. One best practice is to use the UF+QM Rubric (Canvas login required) to complete a self-review of the online course you create prior to launching it for instruction. The same information you provide in your self-review responses can be used to submit the course for an online course review and the Exemplary Online Awards.
- UF + QM Standards
- UF + QM Rubric (Canvas login required)
- Request a course review through the ProposalSpace self-review form
- Teaching Beyond the Podium podcast (Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Florida): The Simple Path to Online Teaching Excellence | Transcript
- Quick Guide to Online Communication and Interaction (.pdf)
- Quick Guide to Online Instructional Methods (.pdf)
- Quick Guide to Digital Accessibility (.pdf)
- Quick Guide to Online Course Content (.pdf)