Teaching and course development assistance is available through multiple units across campus.
The UF libraries can assist with course materials:
The UF Computing Help Desk can assist with many of the computer issues that faculty and students face. The Help Desk is located at HUB 134 and can be reached by phone: (352) 392-HELP (4357). You can also contact them through e-mail or visit the website
- Gatorlink account service
- Laptop assistance
- E-mail configuration
- Discounted software
The Center for Instructional Technology and Training (CITT), located in 2215 Turlington Hall, has specialized software and equipment to help you develop online courses and use technology more effectively in the classroom. Educational Technicians are available (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm) to assist you with the use of the following software and equipment:
- PC and Mac computers with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Acrobat installed
- Digital video editing stations
- Document and slide scanning
- Mini video cameras (available for checkout)
The UF libraries can assist with online course materials:
E-Learning in Sakai is UF’s centrally supported course management system. The e-Learning in Sakai system is managed by e-Learning Support Services.
- Sign up for face-to-face training on using the e-Learning system and Elluminate, the virtual classroom tool
- Request a course shell Website
- See the FAQ’s and tutorials on using the e-Learning system
- Contact e-Learning Support Services
- Elluminate Virtual classroom tool Elluminate (NOTE: service is currently available only to the colleges that have paid for licensing)
- TurningPoint (clickers) — classroom response system
- Turnitin — Anti-plagiarism services, as well as rubric, peer evaluation, and grading tools
On-site video recording is available through Video and Collaboration Services
- Camtasia relay is a screen-capture and audio recording software. The recording is sent to the location specified by the user during the account setup. UF holds a site license for this software and it is available to faculty at no cost to the unit. Centrally supported classrooms have Camtasia Relay installed Request a Camtasia Relay account from Video Services. For assistance with this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Mediasite: Faculty who teach in Mediasite equipped classrooms can request to have the recorder turned on and the recordings saved. There is no cost to the unit for recordings from these rooms. This service can be requested through Video and Collaboration Services
- Media storage accounts are available to support University of Florida courses. Request this service through Video and Collaboration Services
Proctored testing for online courses can be done two ways: through the use of testing centers and by using an online proctoring service. ProctorU is UF’s chosen vendor for online proctoring services.
To use a testing center, distance students must make arrangements in advance of the exam at a certified center near them. These can be located through:
- Florida Testing Centers
- National Testing Centers
- Sylvan Learning Centers (Note: individual locations may or may not offer test proctoring.
The instructor must then communicate with the testing center to send instructions and any necessary test usernames and passwords.
The CSE E235 computer lab is available for online testing
- Email Help
- GatorCloud Help
- GatorLink Help
- Mobile Device Help (cell phones/tablets)
- Phone Help (Cisco/UF phones)
- Working Remotely
View the eTools that have been reviewed and how they may be used appropriately for the University of Florida. Review the process that is used to determine the risks involved with using individual tools.