Adaptive learning or adaptive teaching is an educational method which uses technology and computer algorithms to leverage a customized, personalized learning experience through interactions, resources, and activities.
Capitalize on Interests
Create projects of intellectual discovery and give students agency in creating those projects so that they reflect his or her unique needs and interests.
Collaborate for Creativity
Use project-based-learning and personal learning to stimulate collaborative creativity. This helps to make learning an experience that is active and engaging rather than passive.
- Sami Derradji (Smart Sparrow): Recreating the Bat & Ball lesson
- Creating a simple lesson from scratch.
- Mike Crowley (International School of Brussels): Beyond Engagement: Making School Personal
- EDUCAUSE: Personalized Learning
- Meg Murray & Jorge Pérez (2015): Informing and performing: A study comparing adaptive learning to traditional learning