2018 Online Education Excellence Awards Nomination
The Office of Faculty Development and Teaching Excellence is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2018 Online Education Excellence Awards (OEEA.) This award is intended to recognize exemplary and innovative teaching and course production in online courses.
To be eligible, courses must have 80% or more of the content and activities available to students online. Courses that were taught during the 2017 calendar year are eligible for nomination. Courses that have previously received the award are not eligible. Courses can be nominated for one of the following categories:
- Imaginative or Innovative Approach
- Quality of Course Materials
- Instructional Strategy
- Learner Satisfaction
- Student Engagement
- Large Enrollment Strategies
To nominate a course, the course instructor must complete the OEEA Nomination Form and provide the items listed below. Submissions that are incomplete will be removed from consideration. Documents MUST be uploaded within the nomination form. Documents that are emailed will not be accepted.
- Instructor information: name, email, department and college
- Course information: title, prefix and number, section number, term and year, and home page URL for the nominated course
- Course delivery system (Canvas or other)
- Primary and secondary nomination categories (see above)
- Course teaching assistants, collaborators and production personnel (if applicable)
- Instructor permission for QA reviewers to access the nominated course site
- Statement of teaching philosophy (Maximum of 1000 characters)
- Description of the exemplary or innovative aspects of the course along with URLs linking to examples within the course (Maximum of 1500 characters)
- Reflection on the student evaluations—what worked well and plans for improvement (Maximum of 1200 characters)
- Example of feedback given to students. Include a brief description of the assignment
Additionally, the instructor must complete a self-review of the nominated course using the form below.
- The self-review MUST include links to examples of excellence within the Canvas (or other) course site for the nominated term.
- Include the course prefix and number in the filename.
- Student evaluations (GatorRater .csv or Excel file) including comments from the nominated term.
- Include the course prefix and number in the filename
- Course instructors must grant/provide temporary access to nominated courses for Quality Assurance Committee reviewers.
- The nomination deadline is 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Winners will be notified no later than Friday, March 30th, 2018.
- Awards will be presented at the spring 2018 Interface Conference to be held Thursday April 19, 2018.
Award recipients may be invited to share the exemplary or innovative practices used in the course at this event. In addition, a multimedia presentation will be created to showcase each course receiving the award and made available through the teach.ufl.edu website. View the 2017 award-winning courses.
For questions about the nomination form or the awards, contact Jennifer Smith firstname.lastname@example.org