The Center for Teaching Excellence offers the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA) workshop series during the fall and spring semesters. This series is designed for faculty in their first years of teaching at UF. Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive the FYFTA passport category badge, earn 500 miles towards the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate, and a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
Choose one set of dates to attend.
- June 25 and June 26 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
- July 31 and Aug. 1 (8:30am-12:30pm)
Attend 5 out of 6 synchronous sessions.
- Face-to-Face, 3:30pm-5:00pm on Tuesdays
- Sept. 10 | Sept. 17 | Sept. 24 | Oct. 1 | Oct. 8 | Oct. 15
- Online, 2:00pm-3:30pm on Fridays
- Oct. 18 | Oct. 25 | Nov. 1 | Nov. 8 | Nov. 15 | Nov. 22
In order to earn all 500 miles and the FYFTA category badge, you must:
- Complete 5 out of 6 preparation activities prior to the workshop sessions (fall sessions only)
- Attend 5 out of 6 workshops (fall sessions only)
- Complete 5 out of 6 reflections (fall sessions only)
Expected Time Commitment
Participants should expect to commit approximately 15 hours to complete the FYFTA program. Space is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis.