The Office of Faculty Development & Teaching Excellence offers a teaching workshop series during the fall (face-to-face) and spring (online) semesters. This series is designed for faculty in their first years of teaching at UF.
- Space is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive the FYFTA badge, earn 500 miles towards the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate and a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
- Fall Registration
- Also, please provide some information about your previous teaching experience and your areas of interest here.
- Attend 4 out of the 5 synchronous sessions held from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- September 4th, September 11th, September 18th, September 25, and October 2nd.
- Complete the preparation activities prior to the workshop sessions (30 – 60 minutes per session).
- Submit the Key Points Worksheet (from the preparation materials) to the Canvas assignment prior to the workshop session.
- Bring your completed Key Points Worksheet to the session.
Expected Time Commitment
The total expected time commitment is approximately 20 hours:
- 4 sessions of 1.5 hours each = 6 hours.
- 1 hour of preparation per workshop session = 5 hours.
- Your choice of a full day conference or combined workshop events = 8 hours.
What the Best College Teachers Do uses a fifteen-year study of nearly one hundred college teachers in a wide variety of fields and universities to offer valuable information for all educators.