The Center for Teaching Excellence offers the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA) workshop series during the fall and spring semesters. This series is designed for faculty in their first years of teaching at UF. Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive the FYFTA passport category badge, earn 500 miles towards the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate, and a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
Attend 5 out of 6 synchronous sessions.
- Face-to-Face, 3:30pm-5:00pm on Tuesdays
- Sept. 10 | Sept. 17 | Sept. 24 | Oct. 1 | Oct. 8 | Oct. 15
- Online, 2:00pm-3:30pm on Fridays
- Oct. 18 | Oct. 25 | Nov. 1 | Nov. 8 | Nov. 15 | Nov. 22
In order to earn all 500 miles and the FYFTA category badge, you must:
- Complete 5 out of 6 preparation activities prior to the workshop sessions
- Attend 5 out of 6 workshops
- Complete 5 out of 6 reflections