First Year Faculty Teaching Academy
Program participants attend their choice of one of the options listed below:
- Four Beyond the Podium or Academy of Distinguished Teaching Scholar (ADTS) sessions OR
- UF Provost Symposium February 1st and 2nd, 2018
- Interface April 19th, 2018
- Faculty Institute for Online 2018
- Suggest an alternate event or activity.
- TBL Bootcamp
The Office of Faculty Development & Teaching Excellence offers a teaching workshop series during the spring of 2018. This series is designed for faculty in their first year of teaching at UF.
- Space is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Program participants receive a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
- Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive a certificate of participation.
- Participants must commit to attending 4 out of 5 synchronous sessions from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Alternate Tuesdays from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in 409 Yon Hall.
- Alternate Wednesdays from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in 409 Online via web conference.
- See the specific dates for each workshop in the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy Agenda 2018
What the Best College Teachers Do uses a fifteen-year study of nearly one hundred college teachers in a wide variety of fields and universities to offer valuable information for all educators.