The Center for Teaching Excellence offers the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA) workshop series during the fall and spring semesters. This series is designed for faculty in their first years of teaching at UF. Upon successfully completing the program requirements, participants receive the FYFTA passport category badge and earn 500 miles towards the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate within the Passport to Great Teaching Program. They also receive a copy of What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain.
Spring 2020 | Registration Coming Soon
Attend 5 out of 6 synchronous sessions.
- Face-to-Face, 3:30pm-5:00pm on Tuesdays
- Jan. 14 | Jan. 21 | Jan. 28 | Feb. 4 | Feb. 11 | Feb. 18
- Complete 5 out of 6 preparation activities prior to the workshop sessions
- Attend 5 out of 6 workshops
- Complete 5 out of 6 reflections