Faculty Institute for Online 2018
This workshop is designed to save you time with practical suggestions and planning resources for your online course development. You’ll start your course creation as you go through the workshop which will take approximately 10 hours to complete. When you’re finished, you’ll have:
- A description of your course information and student needs.
- A video recording introducing yourself to your students.
- A course map that organizes your topics, course content, assignments and assessments.
- Notes describing how the UF + QM Standards relate to your course.
- A preliminary plan or schedule for your course development
- A preliminary checklist for weekly teaching tasks.
The workshop will familiarize you with the new (as of spring, 2018) UF + Quality Matters standards. These research-based practices are part of the Florida QM Fundamentals Course Review process. Upon institutional review, online courses may earn a Quality or High Quality designation. These designations will appear in the Florida Virtual Campus course listing.
This workshop is required for instructors who are developing or revising an online course for UF Online.