Course Review Process
The University of Florida’s Quality Assurance Committee has developed guidelines for online course development. These provide the framework for the development, self-review, and peer review of online courses. Each semester the Quality Assurance Committee conducts reviews of online courses using the UF + QM Standards. All faculty who teach online can have their course(s) reviewed. Course reviews are a tool for instructors to assist with continuous course improvement. They are not required, but provide faculty with the opportunity to obtain feedback by reviewers for course improvement.
Step 1 – When to Request a Course Review
- After their first or second run.
- After significant changes to content, assessments, activities or organization.
- If a course has encountered consistent challenges.
- When submitting a course for an award.
Step 2 – Submit the following
Step 3 – Pay it Forward
- You do have to pay it forward by completing a short 1-hour training and reviewing two courses. That way others can benefit from the same process.