Learn and Connect
All FDTE sponsored events are open to faculty, staff and teaching assistants.
- Team-Based Learning Boot Camp
- TBL Boot Camp is an event with six sessions that span over one weekend. The sessions begin with introductory materials on Team-Based Learning and end with advanced TBL module writing. These workshops are open to all UF faculty members, and to postdoctoral fellows and graduate students interested in teaching as part of their future careers.
- Affordable UF: Beyond the Traditional Textbook
- Find out how faculty use Open Educational Resources in their courses and discover resources that can help you integrate them in your course.
- Interface is an opportunity to recognize innovative faculty, provide a forum for professors to share their work with other disciplines and foster interdisciplinary collaborations on future projects.
- Academy of Distinguished Teaching Scholars
- Join Distinguished Teaching Scholars as they share some of their best teaching practices.
- Best Practices for Teaching Online Certificate
- This workshop provides participants the opportunity to explore pedagogically sound course design principles that promote student success in the online learning environment.
- Beyond the Podium Podcast Discussion Series
- Listen in as colleagues from across campus discuss strategies for creating a quality learning experience for our UF students.
- Collaborating with Strangers
- Collaborating with Strangers workshops connect students, faculty, and researchers on campus during 3-minute speed-meetings.
- First Year Faculty Teaching Academy
- Workshop series for new faculty on teaching and learning strategies.
- Fostering Student Achievement through Facilitation and Feedback
- This workshop will address the fundamentals, strategies, and implementation of non-traditional assessments, the design and application of rubrics and feedback, and the utilization of course analytics and quiz statistics in e-Learning.
- Instruction and Workshops from the George A. Smathers Libraries
- Utilize the UF library resources by attending workshops or arranging instruction for yourself and students.
- Teaching Portfolio Workshop Series
- Learn the basics of developing a teaching portfolio and receive personalized feedback on your portfolio
Online Teaching Workshops
- The Creative Video Workshop
- Online workshop designed to help faculty create engaging videos for their courses.
- The Faculty Institute for Online 2018
- This online workshop is meant to help faculty make the best use of technology in their teaching.
- Foundations of GREAT Teaching
- This short online resource is meant to provide adjuncts with all the necessary tools and information to get started quickly.
- How to be a GREAT Online or Hybrid TA
- This online workshop provides TA’s teaching online or hybrid courses with a solid teaching foundation.