Open Educational Resources
What is it?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are free and openly licensed educational materials that can be used by educators and students. Anyone can legally and freely copy, use, adapt and re-share these materials.
Educational resources include:
- Curriculum Maps
- Course Materials
- Streaming Videos
- Multimedia Applications
- Learning objects or course components
- Any other materials that have been designed for use in teaching and learning
- Adopt content from existing OER repositories such as The Orange Grove or Merlot.
- Create your own material, if there is no previously created material available in your field or area of study.
- Depending upon your course and discipline, funding may be available to support your OER creation efforts.
- Contact Alexandra Bitton-Bailey with your proposed project.
- Get technical assistance through the Center for Instructional Technology and Training or remix previously created material available in OER repositories.